WHAT THIS PROGRAMME BRINGS TO YOU
- Quality teacher training for mid-career professionals and those aiming to further their career in teaching and learning.
- Become a competent and academically qualified teacher to meet the growing demand in the private sector education.
- Be equipped with skills that make teaching and learning efficacious and interesting.
- To provide hands-on training and solid academic research experience for teachers in varied educational settings.
- To enhance professional competence, knowledge and students’ career prospect in the discipline based on informed practices and broader view of education.
- To upgrade and update teaching skills and benefit from new developments in teaching and learning while acquiring enquiry skills for continuous professional development.
- To enable teachers to effectively manage curriculum changes and changing needs of learners.
- Approval obtained from MQA (MQA/PA 8168)
- Modular mode
- Programme duration: From 1 ½ years (full time) to 3 years (part time) leading to the HELP Master of Education (Teaching and Learning) degree.
- Graduation requirements: Fulfilment of a minimum of 40 credit hours from the study of ten (10) course modules, which include two elective majors and one teaching subject, and Practicum.
- Credit transfer or subject exemption based on MQA guidelines.
- Interactive, practical, small group teaching with a variety of student experience.
- Peer learning by working with other professional teachers from across the country and different language background.
- Innovative pedagogical practices and integrative methodologies.
- Highly qualified and dedicated academic team with extensive record of service in leading universities in the region, all with strong pedagogy background.
- Good value for money and numerous scholarships and bursaries are available. For details, please contact Ms. Azlina Jamaludin (email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
Head of Department, Programme Director, Academic Advisor, Curriculum Designer, College Lecturer, Tutor, and Administrator.
- 10 modules, six (6) weeks classes per module, excluding assignments and examinations.
- Face-to-face classes on first, third, and sixth weekends (Saturday & Sunday classes)
- Minimum of one week break between modules- adjusted to fit public holidays if necessary.
- Course Duration: 10 modules X 9 weeks = 90 weeks or ± 2 years
- A bachelor’s degree from a recognized university with CGPA 2.5 and above or equivalent, approved by Senate.
- Foreign students are required to possess IELTS 6.5 or equivalent in addition to GPA 2.5
- Non-education graduates are required to have one year teaching experience, in addition to a minimum GPA 2.5
- Non-education graduates with less than one year teaching experience are required to attend a bridge programme to prepare them for the MEDU (TL) programme.
*A special admission in addition to the two regular intakes is available if there is a cohort ready for commencement.