Emotional Intelligence (EQ) is defined as a set of competencies demonstrating the ability to recognize a person’s behaviours, moods, and impulses, and to manage them best according to any given situation.
The 2-day interactive workshop is aimed at drawing from the experiences of the participants and develops EQ competencies to help them manage themselves and others in their specific work environment. It uses a variety of work related scenarios and will involve participants to ‘interact’ with these scenarios using the EQ competencies.
At the end of the training:
- Participants will develop a sound knowledge and principles of Emotional Intelligence (EQ) and how it can be applied in daily work life.
- Participants will be able to assess their personal EQ – to identify their EQ strengths and areas for development.
The program is for Executives and Middle Management Executives.
A maximum of 30 participants per class to maximise learning and involvement.
2 Full Days
PROGRAM CONTENT OVERVIEW
Day 1 focuses on building on Personal Competencies. The 4 learning labs or sessions (1.5 hours each) will focus on 3 main development area
- Developing Self Awareness
Learning Outcomes: Participants will have an
- Accurate self-assessment: knowing one’s strengths and limits using the HELP Emotional Intelligence Scale
- Emotional awareness: recognizing their emotions and their effects and impact on those around us
- Self Regulation
Learning Outcomes: Participants will learn
- Self-control: managing personal disruptive emotions and impulses
- Conscientiousness: taking responsibility and being accountable for personal performance
- Adaptability: flexibility in handling change
- Self Expectations and Motivation
Learning Outcomes: Participants will discover how personal emotional tendencies can guide or facilitate reaching personal as well as organisational goals. Participants will explore their personal
- Achievement drive: striving to improve or meet a standard of excellence imposed on ourselves
- Commitment: aligning with the goals of the organization
- Initiative: readiness to act on opportunities without having to be told
- Optimism: persistence in pursuing goals despite obstacles and setbacks
Day 2 focuses on Social Competencies – with the emphasis on how participants can improve their working relationships among peers, superiors and subordinates. The 4 learning labs or sessions (1.5 hours each) will focus on 2 main development areas:
- Intuition & Empathy
Learning Outcomes: Participants will develop an awareness of others’ feelings, needs, and concerns. The sessions will explore
- Understanding others: an intuitive sense of others’ feelings and perspectives, and showing an active interest in their concerns and interests
- People development: ability to sense what others need in order to grow, develop, and master their strengths
- Leveraging diversity: cultivating opportunities through diverse people
- Social Skills.
Learning Outcomes: Participants will explore their adeptness at inducing desirable responses in others. The sessions will help develop these competencies:
- Influencing: using effective tactics and techniques for persuasion and desired results
- Communication: sending clear and convincing messages that are understood by others
- Leadership: inspiring and guiding groups of people
- Change catalyst: initiating and/or managing change in the workplace
- Team capabilities: creating group synergy in pursuing collective goals
Experiential Learning Workshop
Role playing, Demonstrations, Scenario Building, Group Dynamics & Facilitative Processes
Day 1: Personal Competencies
Welcome, Introductions and ‘Setting the Stage’
Learning Lab 1
What is EQ and Why is Important in the Workplace?
Emotional Intelligence Scale Assessment and Debrief
Learning Lab 2
Our ‘Response-ability’ in the midst of change
How adaptable are we during personal and organisational change
Learning Lab 3
Motivations and Commitment
How do we resiliently cope when things do not go as planned?
Learning Lab 4
Creating a personal ‘EQ report card’
Assessing ourselves based on a criterion participants develop
[The personal ‘EQ report card’ can be reviewed at follow up sessions]
Day 2: Social Competencies
Welcome Back & Recap
Learning Lab 5 Understanding others – different personalities, different styles
Identifying different personalities and how we can synergise effectively
Learning Lab 6
We communicate who we are – communicating effectively using the Transactional Analysis Model
Learning Lab 7
EQ and Leadership – how do manage change effectively as Leaders?
How do we get things done effectively as a Team
Learning Lab 4
Assessing our Social Competencies based on the developed ‘EQ report card’
Providing feedback – a personal and social contract on areas for improvement
FOLLOW UP SESSION
Duration: 2 months after EQ Workshop (4 hours [Half day])
- To help participants review participants’ personal ‘EQ Report Card’
- To review and assess how they have applied their personal and social competencies
- To address challenges they experienced when applying EQ competencies
Methodology: A facilitative process – using group reflections and discussions
For more information on how we can customize these courses for your organisation’s needs, please contact us at :
CAREERsense@HELP , The Faculty of Behavioral Sciences
Wisma HELP, Jalan Dungun, Kuala Lumpur